There was a land of Cavaliers and Cotton Fields called the "Old South."
Here in this pretty world, Gallantry took its last bow. Here was the last ever to be seen of Knights and their Ladies Fair, of Master and of Slave. Look for it only in books, for it is no more than a dream remembered, a Civilization
gone with the wind...
Henry County, Georgia was created by the Georgia State Legislature in 1821 from land acquired from the Creek Indian Nation by the First Treaty of Indian Springs. It was named in honor of Patrick Henry and its county seat after Commodore Thomas McDon- ough. Both were patriots of the first order and men of faith.