"This battalion originated as independent companies in the Louisiana State Army. They went into Camp DeSoto near Pineville in April, 1863, and shortly thereafter received orders to report to Fort DeRussy. When that fort was evacuated, in early May, the companies fell back to Shreveport. There, on May 7, this battalion was formed with two companies. Company C was added on June 29. The battalion remained at Shreveport until September, when Companies A and C returned to Camp DeSoto. Company B stayed at Shreveport for an unknown length of time. Apparently, the men did guard duty around Alexandria and drilled while at Camp DeSoto. On February 15, 1864, the battalion was transferred to the Louisiana State Guard. In March, the battalion was disbanded, and the companies were mounted and assigned to the 2nd Louisiana State Guards Cavalry Battalion.
The composite roster of this regiment contains the names of 79 men.
Here's what's available.