Bradford's Company, Mississippi Artillery
(Confederate Guards Artillery)



 

HISTORICAL NOTES:

    The Confederate Guards Light Artillery was organized at Pontotoc and Chickasaw counties. More than 150 officers and men were mustered into Confederate service, and they were soon ordered north. It served in the Department of North Carolina, the Department of Richmond, and later the Department of North Carolina and Southern Virginia. Assigned to J.C. Coit's Battalion of Artillery, the company fought at Swift Creek and Drewry's Bluff and shared in the defense of Petersburg on June 16 and 17, 1864. For a time, one section was stationed at Hicksford, Virginia, then the entire command saw action south of the James River and in the Appomattox Campaign. When the Army of Northern Virginia surrendered in April, 1865, no members of the battery were present.

FIELD OFFICERS:

    Captains William D. Bradford and John C. Grisham.

BATTLES:

ROSTERS:

BIBLIOGRAPHY:

REFERENCES:

Featured Books & CD-ROMS
Evans, Clement A.
Confederate Military History - Mississippi Volume
Paperback
$25.00
CD-ROM
$15.00
Rigdon, John C.
The Civil War in Mississippi
CD-ROM
$35.00

 

Ordering via EMAIL is easy.

Click Here

Orders may also be sent via U.S. Snail to:
Eastern Digital Resources
5705 Sullivan Point Drive
Powder Springs, GA 30127

Tel: (803) 661-3102