SC 17th (6th) Cavalry Battalion
Following the disbanding of the 1st SC Mounted Militia, Jeffords’ Co. (the South Carolina Rangers) entered Confederate service with two new companies from Charleston (the Dixie Rangers and Willington Rangers) as Jeffords’ Squadron SC Cavalry. The Beech Hill Rangers joined the squadron in April 1862, and Jeffords’ Squadron subsequently became the 6th (later, 17th) Battalion SC Cavalry. These companies ultimately became B, C, D, and G of the 5th SC Cavalry.
The 17th was attached to the Department of South Carolina, Georgia, and Florida. After serving along the coast near Charleston, the unit merged into the 5th South Carolina Cavalry Regiment.
Expedition to Fenwick's Island (9 JUL 1862)
The consolidated roster of this battalion contains 600 names.
Ordering via EMAIL is easy.|
Orders may also be sent via U.S. Snail to:
Eastern Digital Resources
5705 Sullivan Point Drive
Powder Springs, GA 30127
You may use this search feature to search either ResearchOnLine or the entire WWW. Google has indexed approximately 22,600 pages on this site.