Tennessee 21st Cavalry Regiment (Wilson's)
The Tennessee 21st (Wilson's) Cavalry Regiment [also called 16th Regiment] was organized in February, 1864, with eleven companies. It was formed by consolidating various irregular organizations from the counties of Hardin, Chester, Henderson, Madison, McNairy, and Carroll. It was assigned to T.H. Bell's Brigade, fought at Brice's Cross Roads as dismounted skirmishers, then was active at Harrisburg and Athens . Later it moved back to Tennessee with Hood and in November and December reported 42 casualties. During February, 1865, the unit was consolidated with Barteau's 22nd Cavalry, and this command totalled 31 officers and 317 men on May 3. The next day it was included in the surrender of the Department of Alabama, Mississippi, and East Louisiana.
Colonel Andrew N. Wilson, Lieutenant Colonel Jesse A. Forrest, and Majors William T. Parham and M.G. Stegall.
Orders may also be sent via U.S. Snail to:
Eastern Digital Resources
5705 Sullivan Point Drive
Powder Springs, GA 30127
Tel: (803) 661-3102
You may use this search feature to search either ResearchOnLine or the entire WWW. Google has indexed approximately 22,600 pages on this site.
The Southern Historical Society Papers
We Fought at Knoxville
Suffered Greatly by Privations
Til Shiloh Comes