Wells' Cavalry Battalion [also called 34th Battalion completed its organization at Doaksville, Indian Territory, during the fall of 1863. Attached to the Trans-Mississippi Department, the unit primarily skirmished the Federals in the Indian Territory. During March, 1864, part were stationed at Fort Arbuckle and part at Fort Washita. Early in 1865 it was reorganized as Wells' Cavalry Regiment, but it was soon dismounted and ordered to Houston. It was included in the surrender in June.
Lieutenant Colonel John W. Wells
ASSIGNMENTS:BATTLES:ROSTERS:Bibliography for Research: