The Texas 12th Cavalry Regiment was organized with about 940 men in August, 1861, by Colonel W.H. Parsons. Most of the men were from Hempstead, Fairfield, Georgetown, and Waxahachie, and Ellis and Hill counties. This unit served in Hawes' and Steele's Brigade, Trans-Mississippi Department and skirmished the Federals in Arkansas and Louisiana. During 1865 it was in Northern Texas guarding approaches from the Indian Territory. The regiment was included in the surrender on June 2.
Colonel William H. Parsans, Lieutenant Colonels Andrew B. Burleson and John W. Mullen, and Majors Locklin J. Farrar and E. W. Rogers.
ASSIGNMENTS:BATTLES:ROSTERS:Bibliography for Research: