2nd Battalion, Virginia Infantry, Local Defense (Waller's)
The 2nd Battalion, Virginia Infantry, Defense Troops was also known as the Quartermaster Battalion. It was organized at Richmond, Virginia, in June, 1863, with employees of the Quartermaster Department. It contained seven companies and in July totalled 343 men. The unit was assigned to General G.W.C. Lee's Brigade in the Department of Richmond. During September, 1864 it merged into the 2nd Infantry Regiment Local Defense Troops.
Lieutenant Colonels John W. Carter, D.E. Scruggs, and Richard P. Waller.
The rosters of this unit contains the names of 749 men.